Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 17, 2012

What to Wear - Graduation

Hello hello again!
Today I thought I'd do a little "What to Wear" post, concerning graduation.  My graduation happens to be a little over 2 weeks away - crazy stuff!  Anyway, I put together a three looks for three different personalities types - here's a description of each:

Edgy: What makes this dress edgy to me is the awesome zipper detailing on the waist on sleeves.  It gives an otherwise plain white dress a waist with an attitude!  Adding a pop of color in the shoe draws the eye, be it from a few feet, or long distance away.  The zipper detailing in the shoes ties the whole look together :)  Pair with winged eyeliner to bring the edge to your makeup.
p.s - the dress from this look is the dress I'm wearing for my graduation!

Graduation! (in 3 looks)

Sweet:  This feminine dress screams "Class Act" from across the room, if you ask me.  It's cinched in in just the right places.  In order to not wash yourself out, adding a colorful necklace to your ensemble will give you just the right balance between soft and sophisticated.  A light teal necklace adds sophistication to a pale pink frock.  Neutral makeup is definitely the way to go with this one.  Throw on a pair of strappy, neutral heels, and you'll wow the crowd when you walk to receive your diploma! 

Boho Chic: When I went to create this look, I instantly thought of flowing dresses (Not sure why, but that's what happened).  The color and silhouette of this dress are great for a warm springtime graduation, and by adding a pair of wooden soled shoes, the look remains effortlessly chic.  Because Graduation is a formal event, pair a yellow dress with a red lip for added impact (of the good kind, of course!), and choose gold accessories, to stick to the warm color palette.


Well, there you have it, I hope I helped you think of some potential outfits that you might wear at your graduation!  For those of you who aren't graduating yet, or have already done so, these looks can be transferred to any formal event you have going on at this time of the year, and into the summer!

Q of the Day: Which one of the above looks would you wear, and where to?
Keep Classy and Chic,
Liv


No comments:

Post a Comment