Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 27, 2013

Paint the town Red


Well, it's about darn time for another post on here, isn't it?  My profuse apologies for the lack of posts on here in recent months - I have gone through quite the change in location, and change of school.  As of now, I am now going to school in Boston, MA - from coast to coast, you might say!  I couldn't be happier, now studying film full time, and having a lot of fun dressing for the colder weather days.
Believe me, as someone who spent half her life in MI, it's nice to incorporate pieces like tights, and big coats, and LOTS of scarves :)
But, I digress.
On to today's post!  I've been doing some research on the Fall/Winter 2013 trends, so what better way to get back into the writing swing of things then to Polyvore a few sets with some of the trends I'll be adding to my wardrobe in the colder months to come.  Overall, reds of all sorts were huge on the catwalk - from dresses, to pants, to over-sized coats - there was surely no shortage of this chic shade!  Other trends that made there way onto the runway were Tartan, Tweed, and the wonderful fashion decade of the 40's.

Tartan: From a mini skirt and a plain t-shirt, cigarette pants, or even a jacket - this print adds a bit of punk to any look.  Great for a night on the town, or even just to spice up your look at school, for a fun twist, opt for this tough-girl trend!

Tweed:  A beautiful cloth, introduced originally in scotland, any piece of clothing made of this is sure to catch the eye of any passerby!  Beautifully done in coats, suits, and sweaters too - for the cooler days we're bound to encounter, write a note to yourself, reminding you to try tweed on for size the next time you visit you're nearest shopping local :)

40's: Oh, how I do love a bit of 40's fashion.  Prada, Carolina Herrera, and Louis Vuitton got in on the act for the Fall/Winter 2013 runway shows, and red ran amongst some of their looks as well.  In "Structured and Sophisticated", I took the 40's trend on in the form of a dress - though you can really take this decade on in pants coats - heck, they wore lots of pieces in the 40's!  Anyway, red is a great color to incorporate with this trend - if you're feeling like throwing on a little cocktail dress and hitting the town, go for this perfectly poised look.

Well, there you have it folks.  I hope I didn't disappoint in this weeks post, and I PROMISE there will be more of these to come - it seemed as though the "poll" format of figuring out what you all wanted to see next on here worked well, so I will be updating that with new choices - if you have any further suggestions for future updates, feel free to leave a comment in the section below!

Keep Classy and Chic,
Liv.


No comments:

Post a Comment