Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 17, 2011

A fun accessory, and a cool summer project

Yesterday I was rummaging through my jewelry, looking for a statement necklace to wear with a plain black t-shirt and khaki shorts.  I thought I was out of luck until my dad came back from a yard sale with vintage turquoise and gray necklaces.  At first glance, they looked to be made up of small pebbles, but with a closer look, they were actually kernels of corn!  I chose the turquoise one to wear out, but I will definitely be wearing the grey one soon!  These necklaces also seem like a a fun DIY project, only requiring a color of dye, corn kernels, string/wire, and a utensil for putting a hole in the kernel.  I'll be trying this out soon, so stay tuned for pics! The kernel necklace was a fun and unexpected addition that added a pop to my plain black t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment