Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Formal Affair

Welcome to Weekly Video Viewing Party #3, one and all!
Theme: A Fancy Night Out
This coming weekend, my school is holding its first formal dance of the year.  Because these events are few and far between, I'm taking advantage of the opportunity by pulling out the glam guns and my makeup magic (which is oh-so-non-existent, i.e why these videos are a blessing!) to put together a chic look.  Today I've rounded up makeup, hair, and wild card tutorials that have helped me figure out my final look, all for your viewing pleasure :)

Haute Hair: This is a great video with multiple styles that would work great for any formal occasion.  I'm partial to the deep side part look - it's got a hint of old hollywood glamour that would lend itself nicely to a one shoulder, strapless, or even halter dress.  Heck, I'd wear that hairstyle with jeans and a sweater!


Magnificent Makeup : Don't know what to pair with your glorious hair?  I'm a strong believer that you can never go wrong with a red lip, especially if your wearing a LBD.  If you chose to try out this look, make sure to keep the rest of your makeup simple - I recommend just a smidgen of black eyeliner (like Elle has on in her video), and mascara, as well as any concealer or foundation you might otherwise use.

The Wild Card: Do you have a pair of simple stilettos?  Looking to make a shoe-statement?  Good, this next video is for you!  By taking a pair of neutral shoes and your favorite accessories, this tutorial teaches you how to transform what once might have been drab into fab.  I recommend that you keep your dress and other accessories minimal, as you want to let your shoes really shine :)


So what will I wear to the Formal?
A Formal Affair
I am currently planning on wearing the above Jason Wu for Target dress (that collection debut gets a whole post to itself, coming soon), but I'm undecided on the accessories front.  I'm severally leaning towards a peter pan collar necklace *new obsession alert - watch out oxford shirts!*, and I think gold's going to be the way to go.

Q of the Day: What kind of Hair/Makeup would you assign a LBD for a formal event?
Keep Classy and Chic,
-Liv

1 comment:

  1. Oooo loving that LBD and the belt - its a great combo for a formal. I'd totally wear my hair up (to show off cute earring and bright red lips!) I'd say a cute high bun a la Kate Spade would be lovely! Hope you have fun at the formal :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete