Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Fall"-ing back into style

Goodness.
It has been to long, my apologizes :)  Life has been crazy with a whole bunch of stuff, but that's no excuse for leaving my blog bare in the first week of the October!  The temperatures have most definitely been dropping where I live, so it's time now to break out my favorite Autumn Essentials!

1.) Chunky knits: I love me some vintage clothing, and lucky for me, on a recent trip to clean my grandmother's condo, my Dad found BOXES of her old clothing.  Treasures, I tell you!  Though they have been hiding in boxes for god knows how long, I will give them the chic life they deserve :)
Cute with a pair of jeans and riding boots (always popular in the fall), but also with a skirt and a pair of edgy flats.  Perhaps leopard printed or studded?
2.) Scarves: I have a huge weakness for scarves.  No joke.  This fall, I have gathered a bevy of differently patterned neck-warmers.  My favorite probably has to be the black, loop scarf that I acquired on a family trip to Bar Harbor, Maine.
3.) Colored Pants:  A big trend this season is colored pants.  From cords to jeans, in all colors of the rainbow, they're a great statement piece, and a great way to bring some life into the colder days that are to come.  I like to wear mine (a pink pair with grey sharks that I got from Billabong) with just a plain black or grey t-shirt and a pair of woven sandals.  Now that it's getting colder, I'm going to need to get myself a pair of warmer shoes, perhaps some cute Doc Martens??  I have been wanting a pair for months!  Another thing on my list?  A pair of blue corduroys from J. Crew :)

Well, for now, I set you forth to go and shop till you drop (drop because of all the awesome fall knits you have in your hands, that is :P)!

No comments:

Post a Comment