Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 20, 2012

How to stay Fashionable in Five-Degree Weather (a "What to Wear" post)

Hey Guys!
As I type this post, my fingers are still thawing out from being outside because it was SO COLD today.  No kidding.  So please, pardon any grammatical errors I make here (I blame it all on the weather).  It's actually freezing (say...oh, less than five degrees today!) here in MI, and with the cold there's also snow and ice to be had.  I like to have fun with my style even when it gets this chilly, so below I put together a "Style Diary" of pieces I've worn so far this winter (sweater dress, fur collar, wool tights), and others that I plan on finding before the snow stops (capes, plum-hued purse, and eskimo-esque booties).  They're all great items in themselves that add a level of sophistication to any snowy ensemble!

Winter Wonderland
You Like?
:)
Below yet again, is another list I've compiled of colors, fabrics, and other various cold weather accouterments that I think every fashion enthusiast should have in there closet right this very minute.  And hey, if they're not presently hanging on a hanger, the weekend's a great excuse to go shopping!

Cold weather wants Colors like:  deeper shades of plums, reds, browns, mixes of black and white
Cold weather wants Garments in:  Wool, Cashmere, Shearling, Fur, and occasionally leather (when there  isn't too much snow on the ground!)

Fun Trends to try:  full length coats, shiny metallics, color-blocked pieces, and Peplum skirts/dresses/shirts.  (Capes are the trend I'm most excited to try)
Looking Forward to Spring (To early?): Bold Flower Prints, Paisley, and Pale blush tones.

*News* : I now have a Pinterest account!  Follow me at Pinterest.com/livestosea :)
p.s- If you've never heard of pinterest, it's this really cool website were you get to create "boards" where you pin your favorite pictures from around the internet - like you would on a real cork-board!
p.s.s- (twitter account is in the works, but not up yet)

Q of the Day: What is your favorite thing in your Winter Wardrobe (or the thing your most excited to add to your WW)?
Keep Classy and Chic,
Liv

Rodarte Fall 2011
Stella Mccartney Fall 2011

1 comment:

  1. Ooo fun collage - loving that oversized sweater/tunic <3 haha I adooore pinterest - its super addictive! I'll have to check out your account!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog <3
    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete