Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 27, 2012

Jason Wu and Doo.Ri for You and Me

Happy Friday Everybody!
As it is finally the weekend, I've had a little time to relax and graze through my fashion files (i.e blogs, news articles, etc.).  There's recently been a lot of buzz about the new designer collaborations that are set to premiere very soon, such as the Jason Wu for Target line (set to debut February 5) and the Doo.Ri for Macy's collection (due February 25).  Below are a couple of the first looks at both of the duets.
Collaborations
Target has brought in some great collaborators, such as those from their last infamous Missoni collection.  It'll be interesting to see how much press and craziness this next collaboration gets!  Above are a couple of my favorite ensembles - I'm loving the black bow with the white shirt, and in my book, a vintage look like black socks and pumps are a definite yes.  After Wu, what/who's next up to bat?  That would be items from the minds behind the Webster store in Miami.

Doo.Ri is another designer collaboration I'm eagerly anticipating.  Their effortlessly draped jerseys (especially in their latest Spring 2012 collection, shown below)  are so easy and fluttery, perfect for the spring months that lie ahead (though the groundhog may decide to make those warm months farther ahead than I'd like, depending on the outcome of February 2nd!).  They also make great vacationing garments, with simple yet elegant forms in more than just their dresses.  Though there are only sketches of the collection as of now, those pieces that are shown show definite promise.

Doo.Ri Spring 2012 Runway
Q of the Day:  What designer collaboration are you most excited for? (don't forget about the Marni for H&M collection - SO excited for that!)
As I now sit down to clear of my calendar for February 5 and 25, I bid you all adieu, and sweet fashion dreams until next Wednesday's Weekly Video Viewing Party :)

p.s- Looking for more Lives to Sea?  Check out my Pinterest page (www.pinterest.com/livestosea) for 
pictures of my favorite looks, pictures, and food goodies from around the web!
Keep Classy and Chic,
-Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment