Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pull out the Gorgeous Gowns: It's Award Show time.

Hey Guys!
The Golden Globes are tomorrow, and that means that the Awards season is kicking into gear.  Each year my family and I love to sit down and watch the celebrities arrive, as well as watch the show itself.
Lara Flynn Boyle, 2003 Golden Globes
This year, I'm equally excited to see who wins what award as I am to see who wears what ensemble.  In past years, there have been many celebrities who've taken risks on the red carpet, sometimes paying off - and sometimes not (see pictures above and below).
Jennifer Aniston, 2010 Golden Globes
Below are a couple of dresses that I think are suited for an event such as the Golden Globes.  I hope to see some celebs showing up in trends such as bold florals, pale pinks/nudes, and in general dressing in something that pushes the boundaries of what's general worn to this show.

Award Show Season- Daring vs. Classic Dresses
Dressing to make a statement at an awards show, or any formal/black-tie event doesn't require yards of fabric or giant shoulder pads.  Choosing metallic, bold structure, or even lace will catch people's eyes, without making them think "What is she wearing?".  Going with a classic style dress never hurts either, and when it's in a bold color, or sequined, it takes it out of the "Playing it safe" category.

That's all for today, but I'd love to hear your opinions on dressing for events such as these.
Q of the Day:  Who are you most looking forward to seeing on the red carpet tomorrow?
Keep Classy and Chic,
Liv

1 comment:

  1. Ooo cute post! I don't watch the ceremonies but I do love seeing what everyone wears :) I'm looking forward to what Emma Stone and Carey Mulligan wear. Woot!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete